Support for Migrants

The Migrant Centre NI, Law Centre NI, local Independence Advice Centres and the Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB) provide the first tier of advice and support for most of the issues experienced by BME people. We signpost and/or make referral directly to these organisations.

Currently, legal advice on immigration matters is difficult to obtain as there is no public funding for this work and limited advice is available from the Law Centre NI. There are pro-bono lawyers who might be able to help. If you really need a lawyer for advice, phone us for referral.

We also work with Trade Unions to support BME people. They may be able to provide free advice. Give us a call if you need help accessing a Trade Union.